Our batteries are made of paper or any other porous material, carbon and small quantities of non-toxic metals.
A single unit delivers 1.5V (stack at 3V or more) and shows a very high power density compared to coin or printed batteries, enabling high demanding applications in a very limited space.
Fuelium batteries are currently protected by two family of patents and two more pending for approval.
Battery characteristics and specifications
- Fuelium develops and commercializes paper-based primary batteries as an eco-friendly alternative to current non-rechargeable technologies.
- Our batteries are made with non-toxic, safe and abundant materials minimizing the environmental impact. Compatibility with the life cycle of the powered device.
- Fuelium batteries can be customized to fulfill the energy demand of various applications.
2D Custom Format
3D Custom Format
- Liquid-activated. In IVD, they are activated with the same sample to be tested (i.e. urine, blood, saliva).
- Lineally produced in a card or roll format and then cut into a specific width, allowing variable active areas customized to specific power demands.
- Fully operative pilot plant for battery manufacturing with a production range of 1 million units per year.
- Currently developing self-supported electrolytes to realize a non-liquid activated laminated battery solution.
- Non liquid-activated. Self-contained hydrogel electrolyte.
- Same electrode chemistry and sustainable characteristics than 2D-format
- 3D-printed compostable casings with variable form factors
- Excellent mechanical stability
- Currently, lab-scale production